Best Health Insurance Companies

Everybody's talking about health care. It's too expensive; too complex; too exclusive. While there's a lot of debate about what can be done to fix it, there's one truth that cannot be refuted: you need health insurance.
Going without health insurance is a constant stress and worry. Not only is there a nagging threat of something serious happening - where a week in the hospital can cost as much as many make in an entire year - but even the cost of simple doctor's visits and prescriptions can empty your wallet faster than you can fill it.


With the importance of health insurance comes the necessity to pick the best health insurance company for your needs. To help you make the right decision, we've invited feedback from others who have experience with the health insurance companies you have to choose from.




This top ten list includes health care insurance companies that offer coverage in the United States. Don't agree with the list? Vote for an existing item you think should be ranked higher or if you are a logged in, add a new item for others to vote on or create your own version of this list.

BlueCross BlueShield
I'm an HR Director. Once we engaged BCBS, 99.8% of our claims were paid.
It's not considered a benefit if the employees don't consider it a benefit. Groups that don't pay claims reliably are perceived as "not a benefit".
thumbs upthumbs down
+2BCBS has the best prescription drug coverage, I absolutely cannot stand #2 on this form would never do business with them.
But I love love love Blue Cross and recommend to everyone
thumbs upthumbs down
+1I would recommend Blue Cross Blue Shield! They have great customer service when you call and need help or have questions

UnitedHealthCare
My sister-in-law had three doctors refer her for an MRI due to injury. They turned all of them down until one Dr. Hand wrote a letter. Texas Department of Criminal Justice switched from Blue Cross Blue Shield and went with United. I don't know one employee that is happy with this company. They decline everything. I've not had to use it but based on chatter in the office I hope I never do.
thumbs upthumbs down
I have United HealthCare. The policy is great and the pricing is competitive and the representatives for the company are always so very helpful. Love this company!
thumbs upthumbs down
BlueCross BlueShield is terrible. They have steadily declined in coverage and service.

Kaiser Permanente
+2Been with Kaiser for 2.5 years and every visit and talk to doctor or nurse has been fruitful. I had to move to Cigna this year because the new employer did not carry Kaiser. I can't wait to get back to Kaiser asap.
thumbs upthumbs down
I have had mixed reviews of Kaiser. They have been great in some areas like urgent care and psychiatric care, but their attitude has been to over copay the members without taking care of the medical issue or doing a simple surgical procedure. Also they promise to have the doctor call and often don't call.
thumbs upthumbs down
In all the places I lived in the US over the past 35 years, Kaiser was the best health care system I dealt with. Customer focused, efficient, accountable, etc. , etc. Wish more of the US health care providers would copy this great model.

Aetna
+1Aetna has always been easy to work with and has covered any costs related to my health, especially in tough times.
thumbs upthumbs down
I would not recommend aetna to my worst enemy! They are a fraudulent. They make every excuse in the book not to pay










No comments:

Post a Comment